Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Derro

So my group has switched back to 4e (less prep time, they enjoy the ease of use of the characters, etc) but we are still playing Paizo’s Curse of the Crimson Throne.


So that means from time to time, I’ll throw up some of the conversions I am doing for you guys to take a look at. Now truth be told another blog, Long Live Korvosa, has beaten me to the punch somewhat in these conversions. They seem to have trailed off a bit as of late, but if you want to see some different takes on the creatures and traps that populate this wicked Adventure Path, check them out.

First things first though . . . . the derro (hopefully these baddies pop up in Monster Manual III)


This version is essentially a low-level grunt, uses poison and relies on one neat trick.


I’m not entirely sure I am happy with the end result – namely dazing darkness still bothers me a bit. It works for my game, but is essentially just a way to shoehorn some classic derro spell-like abilities in.

I'd love to upload the XML file too, but I'm not sure if blogger really can do that . . . if you want it, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment